Monday 13 April 2009

I've had a kick in the bollocks...

But I'm up and ready for the next fight. I'm not going to drown in the sea of negativity that swirls round the Port of Felixstowe. The bastards ain't going to get me down. I've grabbed hold of the driftwood that was my partner in car sharing and I'm floating towards the shore. I never thought I'd listen to a word the bloke ever said that I car share with but his words brought me out of the downward spiral pretty quick.

He reminded me about the 26 other people that did actually get off their arses and vote for me. They want me to carry on doing what I was doing. It wasn't the fact that I lost, well came third in the election, it was the fact that I'd worked my nuts off for the small minded Alzheimers sufferers that I work with...BTW I had to ask Donna what the mental disease was that made you forget everything!!!! My workmates are the best informed people on the dock. That is what I set out to do.

This morning I picked on the biggest bloke on the dock for an argument. My reasoning for this was pick on the biggest and the smallest will shut the fuck up. Well they did and he didn't rip my head off! I talked to him about the election and asked if he bothered to vote. He went on to tell me that the union was shit. I told him he's the reason the union is shit and that with people like him we wouldn't get anywhere. He had the chance to make a change and put somebody in to make that difference but he couldn't be arsed to vote. I walked away for a smoke with my head still on my shoulders.

During the day I even drafted a text to send to the convenor with my resignation. I'm glad I didn't send it.

Bring on the next fight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those of us that did vote are still behind you.
and those that didnt will still ask you about matters arising.
so keep up the good work that you do for all of us.
hank you.
lemac.