Wednesday 11 March 2009

Near miss reports

I recently asked my workmates in the tug division a question. It was just a poll that I did in the messroom, it's not accident stats or an official company questionnaire.

Have you ever had a near miss or accident because of another vehicle failing to stop at a give way junction on the port?

Yes 50
No 10

I then asked. Did you fill out a near miss report?

Yes 7
No 53

As far as the company is aware there have only been 7 accidents/near misses of this type on "C" shift.

If we don't tell them they don't know there is a problem.

Please if you're landed with a box and the weight is wrong put a near miss report in.
If a haulier just misses you on the quay put a near miss report in.
If a lashing bar falls off the container on the tug in front of you, put a near miss in.

If you don't want to put your name to the report give it to me and I'll put my name on it and get back to you when the report is investigated.

No comments: